They say the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one, right? Well here it is...I HAVE A PROBLEM. I am an addict. I am not addicted to the most well known things like alcohol, cocaine, meth or marijuana. Most people with my problem suffer in silence. No one talks about it. I was even told recently that I "just needed some self control".
I am a food addict. Addicted to the way food makes me feel. I make excuses to eat. I look forward to eating. I eat until I am stuffed and then add more on top of that. I hide to eat. I sneak food so my husband wont know. I sneak food so my kids wont know. I am a food addict.
I worried about revealing this struggle to anyone. But just recently I back slid so far I feel like I needed to get myself some help. So here I go. Starting my journey to a healthier state of mind. A journey of recovery that I know God and your support will help me through. Pray for me sweet friends.
I love you and I love your fearlessness! How many people do you know post a blog about their addiction? I will be following you every step of the way and praying for your as well!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Morgan! Your support means more than you know!
ReplyDelete