I am simply shocked and amazed at the outpouring of love and support. I mean I knew I had people who loved and cared for me, but people are coming out of the word works and showing their support.
I woke up yesterday morning almost sorry I had come clean to the one friend I had talked to about it. But the more the day went on and the more I talked about it, the better I felt. I am sure my poor husband was so tired of listening to me "confess" all day long of the things I had done behind his back. I decided by late evening to just blog about it instead. I expected a few "views" on this blog, but was blown away at 52 views this morning!! Please know that with all of your support and prayers and with the strength I KNOW God will help me with I will get through this!
I did alot of research yesterday on Food Addiction and learned so much! I will be walking the steps through recovery (hopefully) through Celebrate Recovery. Here is the definition of their program from their website:
"Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program that helps us
overcome our hurts, hang-ups, and habits. It is based on the actual
words of Jesus rather than psychological theory."
I really think this is the kind of program for me being that I want to be closer to God and love him with all of my mind, BODY, and spirit!! I feel like this part of my life has put such a wedge in my relationship with Him.
I talked with a friend yesterday whose daughter is walking the steps through CR for alcoholism. She said "you know Enjoli my daughter brought up a good point. Food addiction has to be one of the tougher ones to overcome. You can abstain from alcohol. You can abstain from drugs. But you have to eat!". So TRUE! This is what has me feel so defeated before. But through my research on the FA Website their suggestion is to abstain from white flours and sugar. These seem to be the "problem foods". So I spent the morning pinning Paleo recipes on pinterest in hopes that this switch for my dinners and snacks might help me! Most of the recipes looks amazing and I am actually very excited about the switch.
So thats where I am today. Hopeful!
XOXO
Enjoli
I am editing this post to say that I am still doing my shakes!! I still drink two shakes a day and take my tabs 3 X per day! I am in no means going 100% paleo! Just in what I cook for dinner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment