Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I used to look forward to fall...

Fall is by far my very favorite season! Football, long sleeves, the colors, the smells and the FOOD! Oh the food. You know what mean? Soups, Chili, macaroni and cheese, stuffed baked potato, pumpkin pie. Yep....I always loved fall.
I woke up today and the crispness of the fall morning made me immediately crave banana bread. I mean it was almost subconscious.  The craving was BAAAAD. I wanted Banana bread and I wanted it right then. I told Chris. Sometimes it helps get it out of my head to just say it out loud. I made myself get busy doing other stuff to keep my mind off it. When lunch time came around I decided I was going to turn this into a positive. I made a banana bread shake and it was AMAZING!! It helped so much! The craving was gone and I got rid of it without cheating. What a relief.
I am sure the rest of the season will be tough this year. Hopefully it will get easier with time. I will re-learn to celebrate this season and the upcoming season differently without it being all about the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment